Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Visitation

A week or two ago, in the middle of the afternoon, I was lying on my bed enjoying the getntle breezes wafting through the room and feeling very much at peace.

Through my closed eyes, I sensed a brightening, which I attributed to the sun coming out from behind a cloud. When I opened my eyes, I was surprised to see that the "real" light in the room hadn't changed. I closed my eyes again, and experienced the same brightening.

Through my closed eyes, the light resolved itself into an oval of pure white light located down by my feet and slightly off to the right of the bed. The light moved closer to my body and I felt it "touch" me, bringing a cleansing and healing feeling that was wonderful.

I opened my eyes which, in retrospect, was probably a mistake. The light wasn't there any more, and did not return when I closed my eyes again. And it hasn't returned since, although I have asked it to do so on many occasions.

The experience has, however, provided me with a pair of Visualizations that I have found helpful. In one, I envision a fine-screen mesh that penetrates my body at my head or foot and "combs" me from one end to the other, removing unwanted cells and other detritus from my body as it goes.

In the other, I imagine the effects of my radiology and chemo treatments exploding these unwanted cells. Bursting them rather like popping bubble wrap. And the leftover parts and pieces of these cells are completely harmless.

1 comment:

  1. EXCELLENT WORK, Randy- Never underestimate the power of positive visualization. As for the brightening- try focusing on the feeling rather than the seeing and you may be able to retrieve the experience.
    Who'd have thought, Ellen

    ReplyDelete