Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hair -- Part 4

Thought it might be time to bring you an update on the Follicle Follies:

-- the chemo sessions seem to have had no effect on my hair. I'm not seeing a bunch of hair left on my comb, my pillow, or the drain in the bathtub. Yay!!

-- the radiation treatments have definitely had an effect. And the rad doc told me this would happen. The beard hair on my chin lines -- all the way from the sideburns to the point of my chin are inactive. And that may be a permanent condition. (No play-on-words intended. Permanent. Hair. Got it? Sorry...) But the mustache seems to be fine. I plan on growing it down over the outside edges of my lip. I used to wear it that way back in college. It's a different color now.

Funny how things work. I'd been thinking about shaving the beard off completely for a year or so. But decided over and over again not to do it, as it would mean I would have to start shaving again.

Solved that one!

3 comments:

  1. Randy,

    Tomorrow (Wed.) one week till the end of your chemo...yes, I'm counting! And after the rad is done...then you'll know exactly what will grow or not grow on your face. Keeping the mustache longer should be a nice move. Glad the hair on your head is "co-operating". That's pretty cool.

    Love,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so see you in a haandlebar moustache ala Hercule Poirot(?).
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only half solved. You'll look odd with razor nicks on only one side of your face. Better practice an even look and glue tissue spots to the hair free side.

    ReplyDelete