Sunday, May 17, 2009

Orchid Update

(In case you haven't read the posting, "A Confluence of Orchids," you may want to take this opportunity to do so now. The following information makes more sense with that as a background. In terms of metaphor. If you just want to know about the flowers and don't care much for metaphor, then please feel free to read on.)

I am happy to report that the magnificent orchid plant that my family sent me post-surgery is doing fine. Actually, a lot better than fine. It has, in the last 48 hours, produced two new blossoms -- one on each stem of the plant. And they are both as beautiful as the eight blossoms that were in bloom when the plant was delivered. And all of them continue to be wonderful.

Thought you might want to know...

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of flowers, dandelions are sprouting up all over the place here right now. Not the best of flowers, but they are quite pretty and adding color to the badlands. The best thing about them: their name. Beautiful and bouncy sounding, everytime I turn around and see them, I think: "dandelions, Randy Lyons" and tell myself they're determined and strong-minded living things. No matter how often you yank them out of the ground, with or without their roots, they keep coming back, always bright yellow, always healthy, always determined to "keep-on-living", just like you, Randy "dandy" Lyons.
    Keep sprouting, keep growing (we'll never yank you out!)
    Marie in DPP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Randy, just got back from Oregon a couple of nights ago, and here I am catching up on your progress. I am happy to see that you are doing so well, and your sense of humor is still intact. I will make a note of the advantage of having a skinny neck and will try to keep mine so, just in case. Seriously, I am delighted you are doing so well. Like Anonymous said, keep sprouting "Dandy Lyons"...! (that really has a nice ring to it)
    Marta

    ReplyDelete