Thursday, August 13, 2009

Did I Mention My Fingernails?

My last post listed a series of reasons why I thought an electronic keyboard would be a sensible next musical instrument for me. But I forgot one of the most important reasons:

-- while my keyboard will not require any "lip service" (see previous postings about My Dick Cheney Smile), it's also true that I can keep the nails of my left- and right-hand index fingers a bit long and pointed. It's extremely helpful to have those points available for spinning balls and plates in my juggling act. And the cello (or guitar or banjo or...) would, undoubtedly, require me to trim all my left-hand nails short.

There. I felt I needed to say all that.

3 comments:

  1. Randy,

    longer index fingernails it is!

    Any thoughts to the accordian too? Even if not, I can see you and the lady who plays the accordian at the treatment center doing an act for the staff each year...her playing while you juggle and then...perhaps...REVERSE...you switch roles...TA DA! :) (especially since she wants to learn to juggle)

    I say this mostly in jest.

    Love to you, Deb, the birds, the bunnies and Blanche,

    Diane

    Love,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, maybe it's that photo of you smiling in the bowler and bow tie at the right side of every post -- and stop me if I must be thinking of someone else -- but I can soooo see you playing keyboard accompaniment at Silent Movie Night...someplace...and definitely not until at least 2010.

    I definitely like this choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I SO LOVE THE ACCORDIAN IDEA!!!
    AND THEN--- THE CONCERTINA! AND THEN----
    A MONKEY!! This will be SOOO fun. (I hope the bunnies like monkeys)
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete