Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Joke #1

(With the understanding that there may or may not be a Joke #2 in the future of this blog.)

I was performing somewhere recently (can't for the life of me recall where) when this lady came up to me and -- with no encouragement on my part -- told me the following joke. She insisted that she made it up herself.

The joke coincides so much with my sense of what's funny that I wanted to share it with all of you:

This chicken goes into a bar and walks up to the bartender.

The barkeep asks, "What can I do for you?"

The chicken says, "I hope you can help me. I've forgotten the punchline to this joke."

The bartender says, "Hmmm... I think you'd better ask at the other bar in town."

Chicken says, "Okay, I will. Where's the other bar?"

Barkeep says, "It's just over there. On the other side of the road."

2 comments:

  1. Wow - a metajoke!

    That's wonderful. And she made it up? She's a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Response from one of my co-workers:
    "I'll bet the other bar was a sports bar called 'Which Came First?'"

    ReplyDelete