Thursday, September 3, 2009

And Now For Something...

somewhat different.

On a recent Saturday morning, a really nice lady named Eryn Travis visited our juggling group (The Turks Head Jugglers) to write up a piece for the Examiner.com website. Her interest was whether the THJ is a place to recommend for children and/or adults.

She and I sat in one of the School's classrooms and had a nice chat (with me trying to explain we're not a babysitting service or any kind of organized "club" with age restrictions, lessons, skill awards, etc.) Then she went into the gym and took some good pictures of some of our group members "in action."

The piece recently appeared on the website, and you can get there by clicking on this: http://www.examiner.com/x-22075-South-Philadelphia-StayatHome-Moms-Examiner~y2009m9d1-Introduce-kids-to-juggling-with-Turks-Head-Jugglers .

I could quibble with some of the wording, but I think Eryn captured the essence of what we're all about. Thanks Eryn!!

So if you've ever been curious about our juggling group, please visit the site and tell me what you think! (And don't miss the short "slide show' towards the end of the article!)

3 comments:

  1. Very cool - you should be very proud of what you've given to the West Chester community. Not proud exactly but you know what I mean.

    xo
    martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you had a grandly successful and only moderately tiring "re-debut gig"
    ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Randy,

    I just read the article and checked out "The Turks" website. Cool! I love that you and your group have (and use) the capacity to help so many folks have fun and learn a great skill...all self esteem building and helpful at any age. I'm so glad I know you!

    Hope this post finds you feeling better and better every minute of every day!

    Love to both you and Deb,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete