Saturday, November 13, 2010

Oh, That's Why!!

Until just the other day, I've been puzzled why I don't find time to keep up this blog the way I used to. I mean, I used to post something almost every day. But lately...

Just yesterday though, I finally asked myself the right question. Which was: "Why can't I find time to update the blog?" And bingo, there was the answer.

I can't find time to keep it up because I've plugged back in to almost everything I was doing before my treatments started last year. Plus some new stuff -- like music lessons and the practice time that is necessitated by the lessons.

During treatment, I did practically nothing except eat, sleep, read, and have Deb haul me around to doctors' appointments. And compose stuff for the blog. But now:

-- I'm working out at my health club again.

-- I've got half a dozen projects going in the basement.

-- I'm doing yardwork again.

-- I'm running practice sessions for the Turks Head Jugglers again.

-- I'm performing again.

-- I'm working to get my Dad's house in Baltimore ready for sale.

-- I'm participating actively in my Quaker Meeting and its School again.

-- I'm engaged in practice with the local Buddhist Sangha again.

-- I'm logging some kayaking time again.

-- I'm golfing on a semi-regular basis.

... and on and on.

It was deeply therapeutic during my treatments to sit at the computer for an hour or two in the morning and compose a new posting for the blog. I'm grateful for the experience -- and, of course, your reading and commenting on what I wrote.

But now I just seem too busy with things to tell you about things.

I'm reclaiming me. And it is good.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, it's all good. I got tired just reading about all the stuff you are doing.

    Just keep us up-to-date on major milestones.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is good! You sound so alive! ;)

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This posting put a big smile on my face!
    Thinking of you from the southwestern corner of the state,
    Donna P.

    ReplyDelete