Thursday, October 22, 2009

Facebook -- False Alarm

One of my dinosaur-hunting buddies from Alberta -- who happens to be an enthusiastic Facebooker -- came across a Facebook Group called "R.I.P. Randy Lyons" and visited the Group site "with trepidation" (his words).

After seeing that site and visiting this blog, he confirmed that:

-- the person in question was not me, and

-- that I had just received the Clean Bill of Health from my doc.

I visited the Facebook Group site as well. I explored it just enough to see that, judging from the addresses given for the membership in the Facebook Group, that other Randy Lyons seems to have lived in the Louisiana/Arkansas area.

I deeply appreciate my friend writing and "hear" the concern and relief in the words he wrote. It is also somber and sobering to read about someone with my name passing away as I contend with a potentially lethal illness.

But after prayers for this person I never knew and feelings of condolence for his friends and family, I know it is time to appreciate and indulge myself fully the life that is given to me. For as long as it it allotted to me. And somehow, this episode makes that even more important.

1 comment: