Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"Can't Feel a Thing"

Yup.

That's what my radiation doc said today after feeling all over the head and neck area that he treated last year. No new bumps, lumps or other unusual features.

Each doc on my medical team gives me this kind of physical exam on every visit. And each one goes about it in a different way. One guy starts over here and probes this way, the next starts over there and probes that way.

For the last several months, I've been getting this kind of exam every three or four weeks, it seems. (Today with my radiation doc. Last week with my abdominal surgeon. A couple of weeks before that with my chemo doc. Two weeks before that with my Ear/Nose/Throat doc.)

But the important thing is that they all come to the same conclusion: I'm fine.

And the fact that the probing starts, proceeds, and ends a different way for each doc and each visit is reassuring. Inasmuch as they all come up with the same result.

Don't ya think?

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, you beat the big C! How's the leg doing?

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! (and I like that they all go about the exam in a different way...)

    Love,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! There's something very touching (no pun intended) about the vulnerability of you being touched so often by so many doctors. Almost like a parent checking you all over to make sure you're ok. Beautiful that they're taking such good care with you. (I know they get paid to do that, but not all doctors are so thorough.)

    Love,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete